Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Bubble


The air is filled with screams
A cacophony
Wild

You are with me
We share in the madness
Enjoying the chaos

It is a Carnival
Whirling lights on rides
Sugar galore

The waves of people
Threaten to tear us apart
We lock arms and hands

The happiness is contagious
It’s the Plague
We can’t stop smiling

Before us is a clown
His grotesque face smiling
I am amused, you are not

He has a bubble wand
Blowing bubbles for children
They shine in the sun

“We are like the bubbles.”
I ask what you mean
“We are finite.”

Your words are chilling
The sun is out
But inside I am cold

Your smile is bright
Eyes shining
Hand relaxed in mine

“Please don’t say that.”
Your smile changes to a smirk
“Scared are you?”

“Yes.”
You roll your eyes
You laugh

“Don’t worry, you are my bubble.”
As if that makes it better
“Should that make me feel better?”

“It should.”
You smile
You hug me

Children laugh and point
The clown blows bubbles around us
You whisper to me

“You are my bubble
More precious than any other
We are finite together”

Your sweet but dull words
Reflect our love
But more our friendship



No comments:

Post a Comment